Finally Microsoft has released Windows 10 Version 1803 April 2018 Update. Earlier, it was speculated that the new update will be named as Spring Creators Update but Microsoft changed the naming convention and named it April 2018 Update. This update has been codenamed as Redstone4.
After installing this update, the complete build number of your Operating System will be Windows 10 build 17134.1. The users who are using Windows 10 Version 1709 will automatically get this update via Windows Update. To check for the latest updates, follows the steps below:
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows Key + I)
- Go to Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates option
Windows will check for new updates for your system. If you are not getting the latest update, don’t worry. Microsoft is releasing the update in chunks. Sooner or later, you will get the update via Windows Update. If you want to install the update manually, please proceed below.
- 1 New features to look for in Windows 10 Version 1803
- 2 Features removed from Windows 10
- 3 Deprecated features in Windows 10
- 4 Windows 10 version 1803 Download and Installation
- 5 Windows 10 Version 1803 direct download links
New features to look for in Windows 10 Version 1803
We have already discuss about the new features of Windows 10 April 2018 Update here. Let’s quickly list down some new, removed and deprecated features of Windows 10 Version 1803 and then we’ll move on to the download and installation part.
- Nearby Sharing – Share files with other devices using Bluetooth and Wifi effortlessly.
- Focus Assist – Block notifications in working hours, a replacement for Quiet Hours.
- Network data usage – Set limits to your Internet usage easily.
- Graphics – Assign a specific graphics processor to an application.
- Fonts Settings – Now built into the main Settings, users can preview fonts easily.
Features removed from Windows 10
Some of the features have been removed from Windows 10 Version 1803 altogether. Here’s the list of removed features:
- Groove Music Pass
- Language Control
- Suggested Wifi hotspots
- XPS Viewer
Deprecated features in Windows 10
The following features are available in Windows 10 Version 1803 but they are not being developed and supported any more. This means that these features may get removed from next versions of Windows.
- Software restrictions policies in Group Policy
- Windows Help Viewer
- Contacts in File Explorer
- Phone Companion
- IPv6/4 Transition technologies
Windows 10 version 1803 Download and Installation
There are a few methods of downloading and installing the latest version of Windows. I have explained one method at the start of this article which is automatic, by using Windows Update. If, for any reason, you are not getting the update using Windows Update, you may use the following methods for upgrading or doing a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1803. It is highly recommended that you backup your system before installing Windows updates. Creating a restore point should also be fine.
Download Windows 10 Version 1803 using Upgrade Assistant
If you are already using Windows 10 Version 1709, then this is the easiest method to upgrade to 1803 right now. Follow the instructions below to upgrade your Operating System:
- Download Windows Upgrade Assistant from here [6 MB].
- Run the executable and click on Update Now button.
- The assistant will check compatibility of Version 1803 for your hardware. Most probably, if you are running Version 1709, 1803 should also work without issues.
- Clicking on the Next button will start the download and installation process. You will need to be patient as it may take some time to download and install the upgrade.
Download Windows 10 Version 1803 using Windows Media Creation Tool
If you want to do a new installation of Windows 10 Version 1803 then you can download Windows 10 Version 1803 ISO file using Windows Media Creation tool. This will will automatically download Windows and create a bootable media like USB or DVD for you. Follow the steps below:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation tool from here.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Select Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC. The first option of Upgrade PC now will do the same thing as Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.
- Select Language, Edition and Architecture from the next screen.
- Select the installation media or if you haven’t plugged in the USB flash drive or DVD, you may download the bootable ISO file.
The below-given links are ESD files which can easily be converted to ISO. Just follow the instructions in the below-given article to convert these ESD files to ISO:
You may also check out the difference between Windows 10 editions to have a clear understanding of each edition of Windows 10.
If you want a simple ISO file instead of the ESD file, Windows 10 Version 1803 ISO file can be downloaded from below. It is only in English language.
(The file download is directly from Microsoft but the links have been taken from Nawzil.com.
I have shared only Enterprise, Pro, Pro N, Home, Home N, Home Single Language, Education and Education N editions direct download links above but if you want to download any other edition, you may download the Excel file from below and get your direct download link in your preferred language. The following editions are listed in the file:
Cloud, CloudN, Core, CoreConnected, CoreConnectedN, CoreConnectedSingleLanguage, CoreN, CoreSingleLanguage, Education, EducationN, Enterprise, EnterpriseN, HomeBasic, HomeBasicN, HomePremium, HomePremiumN, Professional, ProfessionalEducation, ProfessionalEducationN, ProfessionalN, ProfessionalStudent, ProfessionalStudentN, ProfessionalWorkStation, ProfessionalWorkStationN, Starter, StarterN, Ultimate, UltimateN.
Download Windows 10 April2018Update directdownload links file (146.9 KiB, 90 hits)
If I missed anything or if you are having issues with anything regarding Windows 10 Version 1803 download ISO or ESD, please let me know through comments below.
Must Read Articles:
- Download Windows 10 Offline ISO Files
- Windows 10 Language Packs Direct Download Links
- Download KB4135051 Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 April 2018
- Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update [ISO/ESD] Direct Download Links (All Languages)
- Download Windows 10 ISO 32-Bit 64-Bit Free With Activation Key