Microsoft has released yet another cumulative update KB4090913 for Windows 10. This is about the bugs in the earlier updates released on February patch Tuesday.
There were some reports where users were not able to use the USB ports. Microsoft has released KB4090913 specifically for fixing this issue, although there were some other fixes in this update as well. Let’s go through the fixes and then to the download links.
If you are using the same version of Windows 10 as mentioned above in the screenshot, you will get KB4090913 update automatically through Windows Update. But for any reason, if you don’t get the update, you can manually download and install using the download links below.
After installing this update, your Windows 10 build will become 16299.251 which would be 16299.248 previously.
According to Microsoft:
Addresses an issue in which some USB devices and on-board devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard, or mouse, stop working. This may occur when the Windows Update servicing stack incorrectly skips installing the newer version of some critical drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalls the currently active drivers during maintenance.
KB4090913 fixes the following issues in the Operating System:
- Addresses issue where some USB devices and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard, or mouse, stop working. This may occur when the Windows Update servicing stack incorrectly skips installing the newer version of some critical drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalls the currently active drivers during maintenance.
Addresses issue where some devices may fail to boot with “INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE”.
KB4090913 issues and bugs
There are quite a lot of folks how are talking about issues faced after installing this update on Reddit.
Update: Windows Update automatically tried to download and install this update on my main laptop but I got the above mentioned error. But I updated my virtual machine successfully. Then I downloaded the cumulative update from below given link and installed it manually. After restarting the computer, the update seems to be installed fine.
More patches on the way
With the regular Patch Tuesday coming up in next week, we would expect more updates and fixes to be released for all versions of Windows 10 including 1607, 1703 and 1709. Stay tuned for the updates and keep visiting us. We will share an update of the Patch Tuesday along with the direct download links of the updates. Please share your experiences with us in the comments below.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4054517 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 December 2017
- Download KB4093112 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 April 2018
- Download KB4093107 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 April 2018
- Download KB4048953 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 November 2017
- Download Cumulative KB4051963, KB4054022 for Windows 10 Version 1709 November 2017