Monday 6th November 2017
IMIF 42nd Annual Dinner
19:00 for 19:30
The Radisson Blu Portman Hotel
22 Portman Square, London
This year the dinner will be in association with Maritime London and the chosen charity is closely connected to them; The Maritime London Officer Cadet Scholarship (MLOCS), which is a charity which provides the funds to enable young people to undertake the training required to become a Merchant Navy deck, engine or electro-technical officer. Therefore please donate generously to this worthy cause.
In addition to the dinner we are pleased to announce, in collaboration with Maritime London, an optional pre-dinner Seminar at the same venue.
Subject: “The Effect of E-commerce in Shipping”.
Time: 16:00 for Registration & Coffee, 16:30 Seminar until 18:15.
Venue: Devonshire Suite, Radisson Blu Portman Hotel
The seminar will focus on growing cooperation between e-commerce and logistics firms.
A panel of expert speakers will consider the questions below and more:
- What impact will this growing emphasis on technology have on the maritime services’ sector?
- Is this the end of shipbroking as we know it?
- How will chartering change?
- Will this affect insurance premiums?
- What are the implications for the wider shipping community?
More information shall be released soon.