Microsoft has released its second cumulative update KB4345420 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) in July. After installing this update, the complete build number of Windows will become 16299.550. As always recommended, you should always keep your system up to date.
You can check the current Windows version and build by going to Run –> winver.
Please note that Microsoft has already released a new version of Windows 10, Windows 10 Version 1803. If you have already installed Windows 10 Version 1803 then you may install KB4345421 instead of this update.
Let’s go through some of the issues fixed in this cumulative update. The fixes are almost the same as provided for version 1803.
- If you have installed the earlier July update and running any network monitoring workloads, you may receive a 0xD1 stop error. Installing this update will fix this issue.
- If you are running multiple DHCP servers in an organization, the clients may receive an invalid configuration when requesting a new IP resulting in loss of connectivity. This assigns the private IP address automatically and the client will not be able to access the network until you fix this manually. If this is the case, please install KB4345421 and this issue will be resolved.
- If you are running SQL Server and are receiving the error “Tcp port is already in use", please install this update to fix the issue.
- W3SVC malfunctions when you want to stop or restart the service. This issue has been fixed in KB4345421.
How to get KB4345420 update for Windows 10 Version 1709
There are two ways to get this update, either you can get it through Windows Update or you can download and install it manually.
To download and install this update through Windows Update, please go to Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update and select Check for updates.
If the update doesn’t show in Windows Update then you can download KB4345420 from below given links and run the installers for installing the update.
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4345421 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 July 2018
- Download KB4345419 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 July 2018
- Download KB4103714 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 May 2018
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download KB4100403 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1803 May 2018