Microsoft has just released a new series of updates for Windows 10 specifically version 1607 (Anniversary Update) and version 1703 (Creators Update). This is the second round of updates for Windows 10 Version 1607 after KB4074590. This update seems to be a non-security update which concentrates on tweaks and performance improvements to the Operating System.
After installing KB4077525, Windows 10 build will be 14393.2097. Let’s go through some of the changes made in KB4077525 and then we will share the direct download links.
- There was an issue faced by users when they tried to schedule logging related to performance counters and trace providers. After the fix, the “Access is Denied” message did not reoccur.
- Users with conditional access faced authentication issues when trying to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Customers faced issues when they were trying to start TPM. It failed to initialize. The SM3 hash algorithm was not supported in TPM devices. The update addressed the issue and sorted the initializing problem.
- Due to the update, the amendments have also fixed the server error that interrupted the file transfer time and again.
- Users who were trying to connect to a wireless network through Remote Authentication Dial-In User service server were not allowed to connect.
- The update has adjusted the ReFS performance by removing inoperative containers from the hash table.
- The issue that occurred when PowerShell command was used adds someone to the group through their SID and not a unique name.
- Now the update will allow the system to allow login without denying access in cases where a password is not needed for authentication.
- Files that were larger than 2.2TB and were marked as corrupted will no longer be titled corrupted.
- The Japanese keyboard will function properly without any failure to keyboard loading during remote assistance sessions.
Known issues in KB4077525
There are some known issues that will still remain after installing this update. If you are affected by these issues, we are listing down their possible fixes below:
Because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY.
Contact your antivirus manufacturer to verify that their software is compatible and that they have set the following REGKEY on the computer:
After installing this update, servers where Credential Guard is enabled may restart unexpectedly. The error is “The system process lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073740791. The system will now shut down and restart.”
Event ID 1000 in the application log shows:
“C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe’ terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073740791
Disable Windows Defender credentials guard by following the steps below:
- Open Group Policy Editor (Run -> gpedit.msc) and go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Guard and Select Credential Guard option as Disabled.
Download KB4077525 cumulative update for Windows Server 2016 64-bit [1147 MB]
Must Read Articles:
- Download KB4074590 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 February 2018
- Download KB4056890 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1607 January 2018
- Download KB4077528 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 February 2018
- Download KB4043961 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1709 October 2017
- Download KB4074592 Cumulative Update For Windows 10 Version 1703 Februrary 2018